Meet the WDS Attendees: Part II
Last week, I started this three-part series of sharing WDS attendee stories. In this session, five attendees spoke of their passions and how it applied to all the others in attendance. They spoke of:
- Inviting those with disabilities to participate and contribute to the world around them to build their self-esteem and self-worth
- Giving what makes you unique and special back to the world to make it a better place
- Returning to a set-aside hobby to spread ideas and stories
- Breaking down cultural barriers through home culinary
- Teaching children and fulfilling a dream by sailing around the world
I know the list seems a bit all over the place, but you really just need to watch to get a feel of the amazing things people are doing.
What have I learned from this? Dreams are just dreams until you follow them.