Information We Collect and How We Use It
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information You Provide — The Site allows you to create an account. When you sign up for an account, we ask you for personal information, including your email address and a password used to protect your account from unauthorized access. With an account, you are allowed to do such activities as posting comments on posts. In addition to this and participating other types of posts, you may provide additional profile information, such as a photo, biographical information and other contact information. Some of this information may be made available to the public and other users of the Site. You can edit your profile at any time on our profile administration page. The Site does not sell personal information or email lists to marketers or other businesses. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services. We support the US CAN-SPAM Act.
- Log Information — When you access the Site via a browser or other device, our servers automatically record certain information, including, but not limited to, date and time, IP address, web request, interaction with the service, browser information (e.g., browser type, version, language, etc.), and cookies uniquely identifying for browser, device or account.
- User Communication — The Site provides the opportunity for users to post comments or send other types of communication. In public forum areas, your posts will be viewable by any visiting the site including your username, nickname or other identifiable information provided by you, whether or not the have an account or are logged in. We may retain these and other communications in order to respond to requests and improve our service. Due to the nature of the system, some information removed by users may remain in back-up copies of the site and its data. In the event of a “restore from backup” event, this information may be made available again on the Site as it is loaded from backup.
In addition to the items stated above, we may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, protect and improve our services and develop new services; and
- Protect the rights or property of the Site and its users.
If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
We process personal information on our servers in the United States of America. We are under the jurisdiction of the United States of America.
The Site only shares personal information with other companies, individuals or organizations outside of the Site in the following limited circumstances.
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to:
- Satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations
- Detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security, technical issues or the enforcement of applicable laws.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of the Site, its users or the public as required or permitted by law